Thursday, April 7, 2011

Natural Light Photography

I'm not a great photographer. But I love my kids. And I love to take pictures of them. I attend a educational/support/social group for Mothers of Pre-Schools, called MOPS. And we've had some great tips this year from a professional photographer (see her work at http://www.jillvelicer.com/).

Here is my attempt this morning at following her suggestion to use natural light, instead of a flash. And this is where I apply my theory that taking lots and lots of pictures might give me one I like...I ended up with one decent picture of each kid...

 Whoops, she moved...and stuck her tongue out...



 Nice.



"But Mom, I just want to be on the floor."
"But S, I'm trying to take a nice picture of you."



 Sometimes this laying on the ground pose works, but not today.



 "Mama, what's this?"



 Yikes, all around.



 Better, but still not great...



 Fuzzy.



 Bad angle.


 That's okay...see her pretty eyelashes?



 She's picking at her toes, in case you were wondering...



 Still picking.



And...still picking...




 A-ha! There's one I like.



Sometimes the subject is the problem, moreso than the skill of the photographer.




Aside from the skinned nose, I like this one...he skinned that in the driveway on Tuesday...it's probably just the first of a long line of summer injuries to come...

Spring is kind of here. I can't wait to actually go outside to take pictures of my little peeps...

No comments:

Post a Comment